Effective Date: 9/26/2007
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
- We dislike spam. We never sell or disclose your name or e-mail address to third parties.
- BabyShare.com collects personal information when you register with BabyShare.com to use BabyShare.com services. When you register we ask for your name, your email address and a password.
- If you would like to obtain a Premium website, we will ask for your billing address, phone number, and credit card information.
- BabyShare.com automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, cookie, and the page you request.
- BabyShare.com uses information for the following general purposes: products and services provision, billing, identification and authentication, services improvement, contact, research, and anonymous reporting. Your browser automatically reports IP Addresses each time you view a web page. Your IP address is stored in our user registration databases when you register with BabyShare.com. IP addresses may be used for various purposes, including: to diagnose or service technology problems reported by our users or engineers that are associated with the IP addresses controlled by a specific web company or ISP; to estimate the total number of users visiting BabyShare.com from specific geographical regions.
We will send you a welcome/confirmation email when you sign up for BabyShare.com services. Receipt of this email is required for using our services.
We will send you strictly service-related announcements on rare occasions when it is necessary to do so. For instance, if our service is temporarily suspended for maintenance, we might send you an email.
Generally, you may not opt-out of these communications, which are not promotional in nature. If you do not wish to receive them, you have the option to deactivate your account by visiting the "My Site" page or emailing Customer Support.
If you no longer wish to receive service communications, you may opt-out of receiving them by visiting by emailing our Customer Support.
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier, which is sent to your browser from a website's computers and stored on your computer's hard drive. You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set. If you reject all cookies, you will not be able to use BabyShare.com products or services that require you to "sign in," and you may not be able to take full advantage of BabyShare.com services. BabyShare.com uses its own cookies for a number of purposes, including to: access your information when you "sign in"; keep track of preferences you specify while you are using BabyShare.com's services; display the most appropriate advertising banners, based on your interests and activity on BabyShare.com; estimate and report our total audience size and traffic; conduct research to improve BabyShare.com's content and services. We do not link the information we store in cookies to any personally identifiable information you submit while on our site.
INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
If you post personal information online that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return. BabyShare.com may be required to disclose personally identifiable information under special circumstances, such as to comply with subpoenas or when your actions violate the BabyShare.com Terms of Service. BabyShare.com may share demographic information with business partners, such as "48% of users who regularly use BabyShare.com are between 25 and 35", or similar. No personally identifiable information will ever be used without your permission.
We reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our website.
EDITING AND DELETING ACCOUNT INFORMATION
You can change your BabyShare.com Account Information (except your website name), at any time. We may send you certain communications relating to the BabyShare.com service, such as service announcements and administrative messages, which are considered part of your BabyShare.com account. You can delete your BabyShare.com account at any time from your "My Site" page; however, please note that your identification, billing and contact information may remain in BabyShare.com's records for some period.
We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs. Your BabyShare.com Account Information is password-protected. In certain areas, BabyShare.com uses SSL-encryption to protect data transmissions.
If your personally identifiable information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, update, delete or deactivate it by making the change on your "My Site" page or by emailing our Customer Support.
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card number) on our registration or order forms, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our website, please email Customer Support.
If you have questions or suggestions you can contact us at here.